Can CBD Help Your Sleep Routine?
Having a healthy sleep routine is one of the most important aspects of living a healthy lifestyle and CBD for sleep is very good. Getting the right amount of sleep each night gives you more energy throughout the day to be more focused, productive and builds great habits that lead to success in other areas of health and wellness.
Nightly sleep habits are essential if you want to consistently get a good night’s rest. Following simple habits will help you including going to bed at the same time each night, turning off your screens and devices an hour before bed, and getting enough sleep to make you feel rested. Meditation, taking a bath, and light exercise before bed is a great way to relax your body before you hit the pillow. With these minor changes to your routine, it will eventually become a habit. Going to bed without a routine, tossing and turning, and waking up in the middle of the night multiple times is not a recipe for a restful night of sleep.
Why Is a Routine So Important For Sleep?
Finding your healthy sleep routine can be life changing. It will help reduce your stress and eliminate nights where you toss and turn all night only to wake up in the morning feeling tired. A sleep routine will teach your body to relax and get ready for bed. This will help you fall asleep more consistently and stay asleep longer.
Once you get in the habit with your routine, you will start to wake up more refreshed each and every day. This leads to more focus and energy throughout the day. Higher energy levels will also lead you to have much better workouts and maximize your athletic performance.
CBD And Sleep
So how does CBD fit into your sleep routine? Like many ingredients of the hemp plant, CBD reacts with the ECS (endocannabinoid system). While studies are still being done on the ECS and how CBD benefits sleep, CBD creates a sense of relaxation when dealing with everyday stressors. CBD provides a calm from the nervousness and tensions that are known to cause sleepless nights.
Insomnia and lack of sleep are some of the most common disorders in the US. It is estimated that over 70 million people in the US have sleep related issues. Many rely on prescription medications to aid their nightly sleep. CBD is a natural sleep aid that provides a calming effect without the need for prescription medications on a nightly basis. This is why a nightly sleep routine is so important to getting your body used to a schedule that will help get the best possible sleep each night. Incorporating CBD into your routine will help you get to sleep quicker and stay asleep longer. However, CBD is just a small piece of your sleep routine. Limiting screen time, going to bed at the same time each night, a healthy diet, and an active lifestyle will also help improve your nightly sleep habits. Consistency is the best way to get results.
How To Take CBD For Sleep
While many people are finding CBD to help with insomnia or sleep problems, you need to try it out for yourself. CBD is different for everyone and interacts with your ECS in different ways. The majority of CBD users say it creates a sense of relaxation or a sleepy sensation and acts as a natural sleep aid.
There are many ways to take CBD and some are better for sleep than others. Here are a few ways you can try CBD as a sleep aid:
- CBD Tinctures: CBD oil tinctures are the most common way to inject CBD. By placing a dropper of CBD oil under your tongue for 30-60 seconds before bed, you will get a more rapid interaction with your ECS as it enters directly into your bloodstream.
- CBD Gummies: CBD Gummies are an easy and delicious way to take CBD for sleep. This is the best option for taste as they are usually flavored but can take longer to take effect. You may want to take them 30 minutes before bed.
- CBD capsules: CBD in pill form is an effective way to help as a sleep aid. Not only is it a convenient way to take CBD but melatonin can be an additive.
- CBD topicals: CBD creams and salves aren’t used speciciall for sleep but are great for recovery from muscle soreness and pains from exercise or activity. This helps relieve pain and allows you to get better sleep.
Experimenting with different CBD products will be the best way for you to find what works best for you. As a beginner, you will start with smaller doses and increase as your system builds up tolerance.
Quality CBD And Proper Use
Not all CBD is created equal. Finding a quality CBD product can be difficult. Here are a few tips to look for when shopping and comparing products:
- Price: Mid to Higher CBD prices usually mean the product is a higher grade. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. Buying low quality CBD may not help as a sleep aid if the CBD is not quality or there isn’t a high concentration of CBD in the product.
- Quality Ingredients: Many sure you do your research. Finding products with hemp plants grown without pesticides or chemicals is important.
- Third Party Testing: If you find a quality product or brand, they will want to show you what is in the product. Looking at third party testing results for a product is important to see what you are putting in your system and if it will be a quality CBD product.
- Customer Reviews: When deciding if a product is quality….always look at the customer reviews. You will learn alot about what other CBD customers think of the product. It will help make your decision that much easier.
With proper research and experimenting with different CBD products, you will be able to answer the question “Does CBD oil help you sleep?”. You might just find that your quality of sleep improves and your focus and energy to maintain your healthy and active lifestyle will be better than ever!